Monday, May 14, 2012

When I grow up....

"You have so much potential. When you grow up, you can be whatever you want to be. Just gotta put your mind and all into it." How many of you heard this or said it to an unsuspecting youth? I know I heard it, I"m even guilty of saying it. You know, when I was younger, I wanted to be a superhero. I wanted to save the world from itself and from the ills that infect our existence. I was told I couldn't be a super hero. I was told to get real, get serious, and get back to the drone of this everyday existence. I'm almost 25 years old and I know I can't fly or shoot lazar beams from my palms or burn down buildings using my death stare, but I am sure I can still serve justice to the world. I want others to wake up! Wake up and stop roaming the world listening to the mind-numbing rhythm coming out of your ear buds. Wake up and stop thinking that all you're worth is how much your car is worth, how much money you make in your day in day out 9-5. Wake up and stop fearing your fellow human person because of arbitrary characteristics such as class and race. Wake up and realize that there is so much more to life, your life, than being a slave to the social machine. Wake up.

No comments:

Post a Comment